Re: TokuDB QA issues - should we fix them ourself or are any of the upstream devs listening?

I apologize for the delay in responding, been on holiday for the last few
weeks.

Matt Griffin is no longer with Percona, for now, I am the contact for all
things TokuDB related and for Debian/Ubuntu distro packaging.

To date, we have not packaged TokuDB with Percona Server into a distro and
thus have not yet run into the issue(s).

The TokuDB project has been merged directly into the Percona Server project
tree on github and that is where all active development of TokuDB will be
performed. The former ft-index project, now known as PerconaFT is still a
standalone project at github.com/percona.

Currently, I have quite a backlog of TokuDB work so to be honest, the
fastest way to get this fixed would be to file a bug on launchpad at
https://launchpad.net/percona-server and submit patches to whatever
projects need fixing (TokuDB in Percona Server or the PerconaFT project). I
would review it with our release team and get it merged immediately if
there are no issues.

Alternately, MariaDB can patch their fork directly but then have another
point to watch during merges.

--

George O. Lorch III
Software Engineer, Percona