Re: 10.2 and merges (e.g. TokuDB)

Hi, Phil!

On Aug 28, Phil Sweeney wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> Picking up this thread again.  The problem appears to be getting
> worse.  10.1.35 shipped with old TokuDB despite there being a Percona
> 5.6 release in May.
>
> Given the next 10.0 (10.0.37) is not scheduled for 19 October, are we
> to assume that the next 10.1 release (10.1.36) will still not get a
> TokuDB merge?  So we're going to have 10.1.36 in September, that will
> have an 8 month old version of TokuDB, despite new versions of Percona
> 5.6 being released in May and August.

I've noted down to include the new TokuDB into 10.1.36
https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-17086

So, hopefully, next 10.1 release will have the latest released TokuDB.

> Also, will you consider merging from Percona 5.7 instead of 5.6, as it gets
> much more regular releases.

It's difficult. We've looked at it few times, but it was a lot more work
than just a merge, APIs have changed significantly, so it'll take few
weeks to integrate :(

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx