[beginner] how can I assign an existing ticket to myself?

Hello,

I wanted to contribute something to MariaDB, so I signed up to Jira,
but how can I assign an existing ticket to myself?

[programming experience]:
I have been programming for over 10 years but recently using Java,
Python, Node.js at work and C ++ is a little played a few years ago.

[knowledge of the MariaDB source]
I just started reading the code recently and I am almost an amateur.

[how much you know about using MySQL/MariaDB]
I use MySQL for WordPress backend as a user and I use Oracle for work,
so I have knowledge of general RDBMS,
but I do not have deep knowledge specific to the products.

Thanks,
Takashi Sasaki

Follow ups