Re: ef2519fee4e: MDEV-16546 System versioning setting to allow history modification

Hi, Aleksey!

On Apr 27, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
> Sergei,
>
> sorry, I forgot to add that implementation with @@force_fields_visible
> is cleaner and shorter. Also that helps to deprecate sysvers_show and
> MDEV-16587 which I would greatly appreciate.

"sysvers_show" is just a debugging hack. It should not leak into the UI,
because users don't give a damn about how we debug.

We can redo our debugging hacks and hooks anytime and nobody will be
affected. In fact, this is precisely, why you can even suggest to
replace this "sysvers_show". Because it's an internal debugging tool, if
it were a user visible variable, it would've been here to stay.

So, let's keep internal debugging hooks, indeed, internal.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx