Re: italian translation

----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: Bryan Alsdorf <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
A: Colin Charles <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Federico Razzoli <federico_raz@xxxxxxxx>; maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Inviato: Mer 15 settembre 2010, 17:52:59
Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] italian translation

> We actually want to setup a structure to support translations inside our
KB, I just haven't had the time to design or implement it. My two
concerns are how to properly display content in another language and how
to keep translated articles up to date when the English version is
updated (or vice versa). If you have any ideas, please let me know.

My suggestion to make it easier to keep the documents up to date is: to
implement (if it does not already exist) a tool like Wikipedia. In Wikipedia you
can see all old versions of every page. Then, there's a tool which  compares the
versions and shows what has been added / deleted / modified in the newest
version. This way, translators should only add a note in the translated document
like "Original document's version: 1111".
I hope my suggestion will be of some use.

>> In the meantime however, as you'd like to just translate interesting documents,
>>just go ahead, translate them, and it would rock if you'd point folk to the
>>English version at the askmonty KB
>>
>> Good luck with your translation work and tell us if you need any help!
>
>Yes please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I will
try to work on supporting other languages soon since people are actually
translating articles.

Thanks! I'll start the translation in the next few days and I'll let you know as
soon as I have something.

Federico