Re: Change from MySQL to MariaDB - Problem with EVENTS-Table in information_schema

Am 20.12.2013 19:13, schrieb Frank Röhm:
>> i would make a backup of the datadir, delete the database and use
>> "mysql_upgrade --force" after that because this database don't contain
>> any persistent data and should be automatically created
>
> I cannot delete it, Access denied!
>
> I did on the commandline as root:
>
> MariaDB [(none)]> DROP DATABASE information_schema;
> ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' to
> database 'information_schema'

i thought more about

* stop server
* backup datadir
* delete the db-folder from filesystem
* start mysqld
* not 100% if it starts at all and re-creates it, thats why backup

before trying this try i "repair table" on any table in this meta-db!
the following command may do the same easier
mysqlcheck -h localhost --check-upgrade --all-databases --auto-repair --user=root -p

> But a look into my permissions, I get all 'Y' for:
> SELECT * FROM mysql.`user` u where User = 'root'
> So I think I have a big problem now, havent I?

not really, it does not affect the data

what maybe interesting to post

* stop mysqld
* make the mysqld-log empty
* start mysqld
* post the complete output of the mysqld-log