Re: Idea of monitoring tool of Mariadb

Hi,

I think I'm missing something here, such as how would this data be
formatted?  You can't just copy row PFS data to a socket and expect to get
any usable data.  you'll need to reimplement a ton of PFS data to interpret
the contents of the memory structure.  The job of getting data out of the
database and formatting it in a reasonable manner is, well, SQL and the
well defined performance_schema table interface.

Select from the performance schema to get a snapshot of data for your
tool.  If you want to look at an effective capture strategy for a
consistent view of the PFS, check out ps_history, and specifically the
ps_history.collect() stored procedure:
https://github.com/greenlion/ps_history

I don't see why anyone would add an interface to MariaDB for a single
specialized "montitoring" tool, unless you want to pay MariaDB to implement
it, or you implement it yourself and contribute the plugin.

--Justin