Re: How many open files by daemon is still sane?

There was also a MDEV created about this very problem on MariaDB by Guillaume : https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-7292

But in my opinion, this specific test is only usefull to see scalability issues or the cache warming impact but it doesnt really reflect a typical real-world usage (the original topic here) : if you use this cache its because you wont always query different tables but eventually have queries on tables already cached.

I wonder what is the performance difference when the cache is warm and all tables are already in cache vs. a way too limited table cache that will have to purge LRU tables frequently.