Re: Problems installing MariaDB 10.1 on LEAP.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Peter Laursen
<peter_laursen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am facing problems installing MariaDB 10.1 on OpenSuSE LEAP (42.1) from
> the MariaDB repository for OpenSUSE 13. Even though built on/for SuSE 13.1
> it worked fine on SuSE 13.2 as well.  But not on LEAP:
>
> Please see attached screenshot from YaST (GUI) installer environment. I
> think that tells everything. 10.1 packages displayed here are from MariaDB
> repo (that registers with no problem with YaST/zypper, BTW). 10.0 and other
> packages displayed are from official SuSE repo.
>
> The 10.0 server from SuSE repo works fine, but I prefer 10.1 on this new VM.
> I am not interested in a 'hack-solution'. I can wait for a proper solution.
> But something (the memory allocation manager, seemingly) seems changed in
> OpenSuSE between-from 13.2 and LEAP creating a dependency problem with
> *MariaDB_from_MariaDB*.
>
> Is a new repo required to support OpenSUSE LEAP? @Daniel?

Yes, a new repo, and a new set of LEAP VMs in buildbot. I'll get the
VMs set up so we can start building and testing. We're too late for
10.1.9 (it is being released today and the downloads just went live, I
just haven't sent the announce email yet...) but 10.1.10 should have
working packages and a corresponding repository for LEAP.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Bartholomew, MariaDB Release Manager
MariaDB | http://mariadb.com