Re: MariaDB Server 10.3 notes

Am 12.10.2016 um 15:53 schrieb Justin Swanhart:
Also having to dump/restore to go from 10.2 to 10.3 tables is a PITA

it's a simple no-go and the answer to "should i use postgre or mysql/mariadb" is always "stay away from postgre, while it got better you need to dump your data and import them again still way too often while our mysql tables where created 2002 and now running on MariaDB 10 without doing such a bullshit a single time"

Remember how awful it was to migrate all those BDB tables to InnoDB?  Or
even just how frustrating it was when UTF8_GENERAL_CI changed the umlaut?

when did something change umlauts?

as charsets where introdcued with MySQL 5.0 it was a simple script just to add the correct charset information that it is *not* UTF8 to 5000 tables with not a single char damaged and since we are located in austria üöäß are very common