Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Copying database files

Am 13.08.2018 um 12:22 schrieb Ling, Andy:
>> "The advantage of FLUSH TABLES table_name FOR EXPORT is that the table
>> is read locked until UNLOCK TABLES is executed" is not really true
>> because that's only valid for the running connection
>
> Surely not. If you've locked a table for read only nothing should be able to write to it from any connection otherwise what's the point of a multi-threaded server? Tests suggest otherwise.

surely YES

https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2014/12/mysql-backup-with-vdp.html
"Another item to be aware of with this statement is that the read lock
is released as soon as the session that made the call ends. When the
pre-freeze-script finishes, the session is closed" - try it out

and how do you make a script that locks the table and continues without
closing the session to mysqld?

--

"I forgot to use reply all. Most lists, just reply works" - FOR THE SAKE
OF GOD reply just to the list, no reply all, no reply to from-address -