Re: Maria-db refuses to start

Am 13.10.22 um 15:29 schrieb Jogchum Reitsma:
Op 13-10-2022 om 15:10 schreef Reindl Harald:
There I have plenty of room in a raid6 configuration, where the default location is much smaller, and populated by the infamous (well, with me at least) btrfs filesystem.

you can put the data in /home/mysql, make a bind-mount from /var/lib/mysql to /home/mysql and change the config to use /var/lib/mysql

OK, so, to be quite sure, the command then is

mount --bind <the-location-the-database-resides-now> /var/lib/mysql
yes, the only difference to any other mount is type "bind"

my /etc/fstab for /home while "/mnt/data/home" is the phyiscal location on a 4 TB RAID

/mnt/data/home /home  none  bind

i don't create bind mounts manually because you can mount, unmount and comment out them in fstab like every other mountpoint and i perfer them to survive reboots