maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Is there a way to see release specific docs for spatial support?

Hi Michael

The versions have been added to the function documentation.

If no version is listed, it's available in all versions of MariaDB, for example https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/glength/

Some have had synonyms added, for example https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/st_geomcollfromwkb/ where GeomCollFromWKB is available in all versions, and ST_GeomCollFromWKB since 5.3.3

Looking forward to seeing the table!

On 25/05/2016 14:35, Michael Moore wrote:
Thanks Ian!

That will help a lot.

I look forward to your updates.

--
Michael Moore

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:43 AM, Ian Gilfillan <ian@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Michael

    Great, thanks for the initiative!

    Unfortunately, most of the function pages don't specify the
    version they were introduced. They should all do so, as on
    https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/st-within/ and
    https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/st_boundary/ for example. The
    ones that don't mention the version are the older articles, so for
    early versions of MariaDB.

    I'll look at adding this version information to the pages in the
    next few days, and then you can base your table on that.