maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Is there a way to see release specific docs for spatial support?

Thanks Ian, I've started going through the functions.

On https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/st_convexhull/, the note says
"ST_ConvexHull() was introduced in MariaDB 10.1.2" -- per your last email,
it sounds like that means that ConvexHull (no ST_) should've been in
MariaDB in all versions.

Since MySQL didn't add ConvexHull until 5.7.5, I'm wondering if

   - I'm misinterpreting that,
   - MariaDB really did have ConvexHull since the start
   - MySQL's docs are off and it did have it previously
   - MariaDB's docs are off and ConvexHull was also added in 10.1.2

Also, MySQL 5.7.6 deprecated several functions, including ConvexHull() --
are any functions currently deprecated in MariaDB, and if so, are they
noted as such? Or would that come in a future version?

Once again, thanks for your help!

--
Michael Moore