Re: Branding and messaging

>And what's the ethos of this project?

Working code that improves Grin's feature set and performance trumps all. This is what the MimbleWimble white paper's author had in mind when he released it to the wild -- he came up with a clearly superior solution to other scaling/privacy enhancing technologies.

>So yes, I'd have no problem banning toxic individuals. Who decides? People with merit.

So just to be clear, you are planning on banning people that disagree with you. For instance, I disagree with a code of conduct, will you ban me? I really do think it is a terrible idea that will be used as a tool for political gain down the road. You are setting the dangerous precedent that it is Igno's (and his friends) way or the highway in terms of project governance. Consensus amongst all participants is critical in cryptocoin projects -- you are suggesting censoring people who you have dissenting views with instead of debating them. Even if a person is toxic, they may be right or have a superior solution to what you have. I want Grin to have the best technical solutions scaling/privacy we can possibly have -- regardless of who the contributor is.

Would you accept a superior solution for a problem if the person was "toxic"?