Re: [Ayatana] Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

Hold on a sec. We are not just aimlessly pushing it around. We have a
clear set of tradeoffs and constraints (see a previous mail on this
list). Theory is useful, but it also helps to have actual time spent
(i.e. a few weeks to get used to it) with various options. That's what
we'll do in Lucid, we'll try the bottom right and get some real
experience with it. We may try the centerline again (popular as that was
:-)). And by the end of it we'll make a decision, and stick with it from
then on.

Mark

Well, let me save you from some grief: I can promise you, without a doubt, that the middle of the screen will not fly for anyone. :).

I know this argument can be said for anything, but I strongly feel that this is an item that should be customizable, even if the aim is to try and keep the bare minimum going for positive purposes.
--
-Brett Cornwall