Re: [Ayatana] Redesigning the Ubuntu mouse cursor for simple notification of app attention

On 5/4/10, Shane Fagan <shanepatrickfagan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 So my idea is that the
> mouse cursor displays the icon of the app (for a few seconds) that needs
> attention if its not focused.

Howdy,
  For the most part, I'd say it is worth trying to see how it is to
use it.  The biggest problem I can see is that if I am using the mouse
cursor at that moment to select from a list, it might be irritating to
have the icon change and not be able to continue the work I was in the
middle of.  It might not be obvious where the active point in the new
icon is and the user's workflow would be interrupted.
Good day,
Ralph