Re: [Ayatana] Getting rid of Evolution?

> I think the answer to online vs local should be: both. You shouldn't
> have to mess around with stuff in the browser on your own machine, but
> you should be able to access your email and data everywhere.

Many people I know have an opposite attitude to what you stated above:
they see using the browser as the good part (because they think no
desktop mail client is good as the gmail web interface, for example)
and online data as the bad part (privacy).

When advocating for webmail instead of desktop mail clients, people
usually go for the "access your data anywhere" side of the discussion,
but it is also true that, over the last years, desktop mail clients
have stagnated while web interfaces like gmail have become quite
awesome in terms of usability. (ex: Gmail's handling of threads)