Re: [Ayatana] Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 12:54 +0200, Martín Soto wrote:

> Of course, you can always blame the user--after all, he clicked on the
> link, didn´t he--but It´d be a nice touch if the system would handle
> this by pausing or otherwise muting the background music while the
> video plays. This appears a lot more forgiving and humane to me.

Without automatism, it is rather obvious what the user can do to handle
the situation.

With automation, it is not obvious what to do to allow more than one
audio stream to play at once. It would require additional controls.

That said, I know the "ooh, shouldn't have clicked play on that video
quite yet" situation ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: