Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM, David Hamm <davidthamm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
surprisingly sexy.

I want to give a +1 on single click. When this thread started I was hugely skeptical of the idea and dismissed it as absolute crap, but I decided to give the entire thread a read through and my mind was changed. I tested out single click on my machine, and it's pretty good. It needs improved but some of the ideas being talked about on this list, like what's shown in http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1890515/FileSelectionMockup1.png, address the short comings.

This looks awesome! But why do we need the dismiss all button? Shouldn't just clicking into white sufficient? Having a button like that will give a lot of users the impression that that's the only way to deselect files, when really it's a kind of inefficient way.

--
-- Alex Launi