Re: [Ayatana] Papercut or not? Bug #495403 in One Hundred Paper Cuts: “Do not raise windows or dialogs without user input”

> Great! If you're busy using Firefox you don't want to be distracted.

I wouldn't really call "seeing videos of cute cats" a important
task from which I never want to be distracted from. :)

> Once your attention leaves Firefox, you'll find this new window and
> you can act upon it.

That's the point: firefox is *permanently* open. My attention only
"leaves" it when I turn off the computer.

> If it was anything urgent, you'd have a red indicator in the panel.

This argument didn't really fly in the discussion about the current
behavior of the update-manager window... :)

> Note: alert windows that the focused application opens would have
> focus thrown to them as they're opened. So they could still appear at
> the front and focused. (Preferences dialogues are a good example.)

I'm talking about alert windows that do not necessarily come from
the focused application.

> > That's the main reason I dislike the current behavior of the update
> > manager window. :)
>
> Because you want to be distracted by shiny updates? :)

*Security* updates should be shiny as the sun, yeah. :)