Re: [Ayatana] CSD and the pressure to innovate

Since tabs in firefox and nautilus are just ways of combining multiple windows into one, why not have the window manager handle tabs for all apps? Maybe apps like firefox or nautilus etc could tell the window manager that they want tabbed windows, and it could be done for them. This would make tabbed interfaces consistent and more easily read for integration with the taskbar (like win7).

Just a thought.