Re: [Ayatana] Yet another discussion on window resizing - where does the problem lie?

> I like how Windows 7 allows placing a vertical rectangle size for
> reading documents by dragging the window to a border, although it
> doesn't always find the best fit.

I think the new version of Compiz 0.9 that was released the other day
has preliminary support for this. Although it is still a developer
version because they have completely rewritten Compiz in C++

> Say I'm reading a webpage and I want the window to show exactly the
> article text, but not the navigation and advertisement bars.

I use Instapaper for this.  I have a bookmarklet in Chromium in which
works a bit like Readability and strips out everything except the meat
of the article and formats it to my preference.

http://www.instapaper.com/text