Re: [Ayatana] Brainstorming the Me Menu again

> Wow. This is the single neatest suggestion I've seen on the Ayatana
> list. I particularly like the echoing of standard web presentation in
> the menu, to cue users as to the purpose of the field.
>
> The rest of the thread has further good ideas, so I'm not +1'ing this
> mockup as a final position, but wanted to call it out as a *great* bit
> of thinking and mocking-up.

Thanks Mark. My original mockup now feels a little bit incomplete
after seeing the subsequent suggestions, and I personally support
Remco's idea of ghost-explanation-text-that-disappears-on-typing,
which also has a lot of basis on standard web presentations.

> I think the "says:" piece is unnecessary and a little blunt. We can
> address the IM custom status requirement separately (for example,
> putting a text field inline there too).

Every time I tried a mockup with two text fields in the same
menu it ended up so... I don't know... heavy, that it just
felt wrong and I ended up giving up sending to the list
entirely.