Re: [Ayatana] Ubuntu Font as default for web site

If you prefer, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak:
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-fonts/#font-family-the-font-family-property
specifically the paragraph on generic font families:

    All five generic font families are defined to exist in all CSS
implementations
    (they need not necessarily map to five distinct actual fonts). User agents
    should provide reasonable default choices for the generic font families,
    which express the characteristics of each family as well as possible within
    the limits allowed by the underlying technology. User agents are encouraged
    to allow users to select alternative choices for the generic fonts.

-S