mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Please stop committing

> Ah, when i went to commit bazaar would list all the files it wasnt
> sure what they were, so i thought bazaar was going to commit them too
> without being added, and that bzr ignore was an entirely local thing
> for things i wanted to make sure werent commited, sorry about that.

No problem.

FYI, firstly, Bazaar will *not* commit the "unknown" files. It's just saying
that as a way of saying "are you sure you don't want to commit these files,
because they are here and not ignored!?"

Secondly, yes .bzrignore is a list of files you want to make sure will never
be *added* (it doesn't stop you from committing them, or forcibly adding
them -- it just stops you from accidentally adding them with generic "bzr
add" and stops them from appearing in bzr status and the commit log). But
.bzrignore is itself committed. We all share the same list of files we don't
want added -- things like build.properties and the .class file directories.
You can add to this list, but only if it is something we are all likely to
not want committed.