mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Mugle UI

Hmm OK. I tried ant clean / ant / ant devmode and now it seems to be
working consistently.

Previously, I was running ant clean / ant devmode -- I never run ant
(by itself) because I believed that ant devmode did everything
required to build. As far as I can tell, ant (by itself) just runs the
same build as ant devmode, and also gwtc (which builds the JavaScript
files and isn't necessary for development mode). So I'm confused as to
why ant is required (and annoyed, because gwtc takes about a minute).

But OK.. this should be a good enough starting position.

Also, those links on the left -- are they supposed to do anything?
They don't work for me. They seem to have some JavaScript attached to
them, but it doesn't do anything.

> I think you mis understood what I meant.
> From what I've seen, you need to run the gwt compiler (that gets called when you do 'ant').
> 'ant devmode' simply skips that and does the internal compiling or something which I'm
> unsure of.

OK. Well it seems to work, but I can't explain why... I thought that
gwtc was unnecessary for getting it to work in devmode. I thought the
whole point of devmode was that it didn't require gwtc to be run,
because it doesn't use the real JavaScript code.