mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: How to get a GameVersion by Game + Version

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Matt Giuca <matt.giuca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see. So I should be calling GameVersion.getByName instead of creating a
> new GameVersionService and calling gameVersionService.getByName. Is that
> what you are saying?

Yes that was the intention.

> But that doesn't solve the problem I am fixing: I am proposing to add
> GameVersionService.getByName because there isn't one there at all. That will
> still need to happen, but also GameVersion should have a getByName method.
> So I'll do both of those.

Yes, I'm implementing them now (methods getByName for both wrapper classes
and Services), but if you are in a hurry then I'll let you do it for
GameVersion. You can simply copy the structure from UserService.

Also, I'm adding the permissions when creating and writing (basically need
to do a few queries to check if the current logged in user has creating and
modifying permissions). This is different to the permissions system we
already have for each field, this is for purely creations and modifying.

--
*Prageeth Silva*