Re: n-trig updates

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:45:57PM +0200, Stéphane Chatty wrote:

> Le 7 avr. 10 à 21:04, Bryce a écrit :
>

> >Looking forward to rafi's testing tool.  So far figuring out how
> >to test
> >MT is perplexing me.

Fwiw, I'm working my way through this document with the hardware, and
updating bits as I go:

   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Testing/Touchscreen

Ara, question... how will test results be reported from this document?
E.g. in the Device Support Test it is possible to find a failure on
several of the steps, so if it failed on, say, step 4 would that be
reported as "Failed #1.4"?

> The most complete way is to present the user/tester with pictograms
> indicating gestures to be reproduced (a bit like those dancing games
> with consoles), and to compare what you get. Time-consuming, though.
>
> I think one of our students did something like this a couple of
> years ago. I'll check.

That'd certainly be slick, although for our purposes even just a snippet
of bash code that prints stuff to the terminal would be adequate for
now.

My thinking is, it doesn't matter if the testing is hard, so long as we
have it documented in a paint-by-numbers form that reasonably technical
folks can follow and make sensible bug reports from.

Bryce