New Synaptics I2C multitouch driver

Hi all,

I saw a new patch series for a multitouch capable synaptics touchscreen
over the I2C interface fly across the linux-input mailing list over the
weekend. The driver was first proposed in December, and this is the
latest of subsequent revisions since then. It still has a ways to go
before full inclusion into the upstream kernel, so it won't land in
Maverick by default. We could pull it in as is, but my gut instinct
tells me there aren't many devices that can run Ubuntu that have such a
touchscreen. I think these devices are meant more for phones, PDAs,
PMPs, etc. If anyone thinks this is of use to merge into our kernel,
please speak up :).

-- Chase

Follow ups