Re: Package review for xserver-xorg-input-evdev

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:18:17AM -0400, Chase Douglas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Normally we do all our packaging and reviewing in lp and bzr. However,
> the xserver-xorg-input-evdev package is maintained in git at
> git.debian.org. I have pushed a new version of evdev with gesture
> changes to git://kernel.ubuntu.com/cndougla/xserver-xorg-input-evdev.git
> branch ubuntu.
>
> I would like to do a packaging review just like we do in lp, so I'd like
> to do it over this list if that's alright with everyone. If a better
> mechanism comes about, feel free to propose it :).

If -evdev being in debian git is too much of an outlier for the MT
team's processes going forward, let me know, as it's something we could
potentially discuss changing.  We primarily do it this way to help
debian by making it easier for them to cherrypick from our tree, but if
it's causing trouble in other areas of Ubuntu, then the practice
probably should be reviewed...

Bryce