Re: Multitouch in Qt/QML, status

On 01/24/2011 07:39 AM, Zeno Albisser wrote:
> On 01/22/2011 12:47 PM, Dzyubenko Denis (Nokia-MS-Qt/Oslo) wrote:
>> On 21 Jan 2011, at 14:57, ext Florian Boucault wrote:
>>> Thank you for the clear answer Denis. Are the experiments to translate
>>> GEIS 1.0 gestures into Qt gestures public?
>> actually I don't know, let's wait for Zeno to reply.
> It was (is) public, but it is outdated and will probably be done
> completely different.
> http://qt.gitorious.org/+qt-developers/qt/gestures/commits/4.7-gesture-plugin-geis

Thanks a lot, I may try it out.

>>> When do you think the work on
>>> adapting these to GEIS 2.0 will start?
>> we were talking about that, and we don't have a concrete date, but I
>> believe we agreed that it is time to look close again.
> Is there GEIS 2.0 and GRAIL ready for being used / being connected to Qt?

from #ubuntu-touch on freenode

21:24 < Kaleo> do you know what is the status of GEIS 2.0?
22:30 < bregma> Kaleo, we're aiming for next week (Feb 03) if possible
[...]
22:52 < bregma> Kaleo, the geis v2 implementation isn't complete to the
point of usability yet, I have 3 merges to come in the next few days
before that can happen
[...]
23:37 < bregma> Kaleo, I'll post to the multi-touch-dev mailing list
when GEIS 2.0 is available in a PPA

>>> Correct me if I am wrong but if the gestures are translated into Qt
>>> gestures, does that mean that using the experimental QML APIs one could
>>> receive gestures from GEIS?
>>
>> yes, that should work. However in those experiments we haven't gone
>> further after receiving GEIS gestures as one "custom" gesture, we
>> didn't split it up and map for example Pan to QPanGesture, hence it is
>> not too convenient.
> Once we really start the integration we will definitely create a proper
> mapping. For QML nevertheless some custom code might be necessary,
> since our own GestureArea didn't make it into Qt itself. - Some of our
> people think it is too generic and don't want to export the whole
> gesture framework to QML.
> But this is not a big problem, since we already proofed that it is
> possible and it can be done as a plugin. - We just have to keep talking
> to each other. ;-)

Sounds fantastic!