Re: Ubuntu Multitouch Kernel Driver Development - Details and testing

On 11/10/2011 10:29 AM, Nuno Santos wrote:
> But...
>
> Can I interact with the operating system like I do with a mouse? What
> event should I concern with?
>
> Should I look to any example in particular in linux input source for
> touchscreens or any will do in general?

Yes and no:  the X server interprets single-touch input as pointer
events.  It is not exactly like a mouse, since a mouse is a relative
device and usually has buttons, a touch is an absolute device that does
not have buttons.

Since the interpretation of war input events is done in the X server,
you can look at the linux input source for any touchscreen for examples.
 Your best bet is to follow the type B protocol documented in the kernel
sources.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Ltd.