mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Repository for Lua scripts - looking for ideas

>> The repo should have a test-suite for the scripts same as we have it for
>> the proxy provides scripts too.

That would be great!

> So, who's volunteering to do the initial setup of the repo?

Well, I have this one script (already split  into 4 modules), so I
could do the initial setup.

> My intention for this was to be community driven rather than be operated by
> Sun/MySQL, since the entire point of the script repo is to have
> peer-reviewed scripts which do not need to be part of the main distribution.
>
> This would mean:
> 1) Create a Launchpad project
> 2) Create a developer team owning the project and branch
> 2a) I think the dev team should be "moderated" like the drizzle-developers
> team is, so it's clear who can merge proposals into the mainline.
>    Not everyone needs to be an admin of that team, but there should be at
> least a couple of people sharing the work, IMHO.

Sounds good.

> 3) Optionally create a mailing list, though we could simply use this one
> since the overlap between them would probably be very high

I guess we leave this one for the future until we see  a higher volume?

> 4) Tell people about it (where to get stuff, where to join, etc) on this
> list, do blog posts etc.
>
> We should probably think a bit about legal stuff, e.g. what licenses do we
> accept for the scripts etc.
> I'd propose to stick to GPLv2 and compatible licenses, to make our lives
> easier (and to be in line with MySQL Proxy itself).

Sounds good to me, one question, would it mean that community members
would not have to sign the Sun ... what was the name... CLA ? in order
to contribute scripts?

Thanks!

Diego

--