mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: mysql proxy IMPROVING performance?

We seem to have fixed the problem.  When we use a Python profiler that
computes CPU time as opposed to wall time, we get the expected results (a
consistent slowdown for the proxy which decreases as the result set size
and/or complexity of the query increases).
The only remaining oddness is that increasing the number of connections
going through funnel still shows a speedup (that is, processing 1
query when 250 connections are open to the proxy and 1 connection is open to
the backend is *faster* than processing 1 query when 10 connections are open
to the proxy).