myunity team mailing list archive

Re: Updates about MyUnity

Al 23/11/11 11:31, En/na Andrea Colangelo ha escrit:
> Hi David!
>
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 16:00, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I was about to approve the FMain.pot file, but then I realized it's all
>> in Italian. The .pot file uploaded should be an English one, to follow
>> the convention of other translations and give translators who speak
>> English but not Italian the chance to translate.
>
> I just manually uploaded the new .po/.pot files based on MyUnity
> 1.0.9. This time they should be fine.
>
> Have a great day,
> Andrea.

Awesome, thanks Andrea!

I've approved the upload, so in a few minutes MyUnity should be
translatable at:

    https://translations.launchpad.net/myunity

Automatic translation exports
-----------------------------

Once translators have done their job, you can either:

* Manually download translations
* Or better, set up automatic exports to commit translations
automatically to a branch of your choice. You can either set the branch
as trunk or as a separate branch.

You can do this here:

https://translations.launchpad.net/myunity/trunk/+translations-settings

Automatic translation imports
-----------------------------

I've checked it out with the Launchpad developers and a symlink to
po/myunity.pot will not work with translation imports.

If you want Launchpad to automatically import templates, I would
recommend either:

* Modify Gambas's project config to create the template in a non-hidden
folder (e.g. po/myunity.pot)
* Alternativela, add a rule to the Makefile that moves the pot template
from .lang to a non-hidden folder (e.g. again, po/myunity.pot)

Regarding the manual upload, here are a couple of things I've noticed:

* There is still an Italian string in the project, which should be
translated into English:

#: .project:2
msgid "Configuratore per Unity - Ubuntu 11.10"
msgstr ""

* The template is named 'master.pot', with a domain named 'master'.
Translation domains need to be unique across all applications in the OS.
'master' seems a bit generic to me, I would suggest using 'myunity' instead.

* There is no need for an English translation, as it's the default in
the template. I've deleted en.po from the upload.

I hope you find these suggestions useful, keep up the good work!

Cheers,
David

--
David Planella