Re: Twisted or Eventlet?

>        I've used Twisted a lot, and am comfortable with it, but IMO there is no comparison on this front. Twisted requires you to learn a new way to approach your programming solutions, while Eventlet allows you to write non-blocking code nearly the same as you would write blocking code.

I'm with you on this, Ed.  I also don't like to be forced to structure
everything in terms of callbacks all the time, and I do appreciate an
Erlang-like model of real concurrency with coroutines/micro-processes
communicating over channels much more than callback-based asynchronous
programming.  That said, I do not believe that people will magically
code correctly in Eventlet because they're not using callbacks
explicitly.  If you get someone that does not understand non-blocking
logic, they'll right broken code until they can understand the
principles.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net