ooc-dev team mailing list archive

OOC Website changes

Good morning all,

I d'like to initiate a discussion about the ooc website and more generally the ooc Net presence.

Currently, the website is mostly built around PHP softwares : Wordpress for the blog and DokuWiki. Github is used for development and issues, Launchpad as the ML host and, last, Twitter for daily follow-up.

I'd like to have your points of view about :

1. I believe that having our ML outside our primary domain isn't a good thing, especially if followers need a Launchpad account. The idea is to have our own ML, with Mailman or at least at our host. What do you think about creating a second ML, to mark out ooc-dev and ooc-users ?

2. A "free" consideration : it should be a good thing to pull out Twitter and migrate to Identi.ca, or, why not, to install our own StatusNet service [http://status.net/]. We can keep the Twitter account and automatically push the messages from Identi.ca I think.

3. What are your opinions about the creation of a XMPP room ?

4. What do you think about writing the website in OOC : a good idea, to demonstrate a real world example; not a priority, practical aspects matters more... ?

Some people, on IRC, were talking about making the website in RoR. Is someone have more information ? I can help in this area too, but in Python and most probably around the BFG framework [http://bfg.repoze.org/] and maybe later in OOC.

Until we can write the OOC website in RoR/Python or even OOC itself, I think we should optimize our wiki and create more pages to give visitors more information about OOC, its community and ecosystem. I'll write another posts on the ML to detail.

Follow ups