Re: [Fwd: Re: Injustice, plagiarism and insult of community work]

Hello Sir,

Thanks for this interesting long fabricated mail.

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Mantavya Gajjar <mga@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello to All and Sharoon,
>
> I am Mantavya Gajjar - (mga), Director Tiny ERP India,
>
> Sorry for my Late Reply, but I just came to know about this email
> chaining from some of the employees.

I would prefer to believe it, but its very very bad that even senior most
employees of Tiny don't participate in the community mailing lists.Clearly
shows why there is a disconnect between Open ERP and the community * [I
would recommend you to join atleast the framework-expert list.]*

> I had posted a bug that doesn't mean that I am aware about the complete
> product.
>
> For the bug post, https://bugs.launchpad.net/poweremail/+bug/428568, I
> have seen some of the template screen somewhere on the blog and I see
> some of the notation like ${ } from the screen I did not know that you
> have used mako template.
>
> I have a sense that if you use features of the mako template then its
> not easy to change the behaviour of parsing the same, and that is the
> reason, that after your reply I did not post any comment on the same
> bug. Actually I should not post the bug but I post because at that time
> I was crazy about the new development I did and that as the Server
> Action. (In that if you look at the Email & SMS Action features i use
> the notation [[ ]] same like OpenERP report to parse the object /
> fields). the Intention behind this post was to keep the same notation
> [[ ]] instead of the ${}. at that time I didn't know that this post will
> prove me liar.

Wrong argument about mako, but I prefer to believe you on the rest.

> Regarding the Powermail - after listening "India Director has to lie" I
> try to check the poweremail module and try to check the code.
> (
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/poweremail/poweremailtrunk/annotate/head:/poweremail_core.py<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eopenerp-commiter/poweremail/poweremailtrunk/annotate/head:/poweremail_core.py>)
> at the first look it seems more or less the Axelor Webmail module. which
> manage Inbox, of emails, provide the templates for emailing.

I want to believe that you never checked poweremail before. Axelor webmail
module (If its the open one in the standard repos) is just not even a
quarter of poweremail -it just downloads mail and as far as i see does not
have powerful templating or such reception with read/unread status etc.

> Regarding the Fetchmail: As I have already informed to Fabien during his
> trip to Indian, that why I have invented the fetchmail module.
>
> - To replace the mail_gateway module which was tightly coupled with the
> crm module (even after migration from email_gateway.py script to
> mail_gateway module)
>
> - From the beginning I have already Invented the smtpclient module in
> the trunk-extra-addons, and it is alternative of the tools.send_email()
> (I think this module I have developed before the Sharon's Training @
> Indian Office, I think Sharon I have shown you this module during the
> Training).

Yes, you did show the module, but it never worked and that's where I got my
first dose of inspiration for poweremail. If you remember we had an argument
then about the 'lockin' disadvantage of having such a system.

> - Before 1.5 months Tiny ERP Indian office have started the recruitment,
> and due to that we are getting lots of CV's I want some system where i
> can redirect this all emails to our Internal Interview Module (which is
> already running in our system), for that I required some system like CRM
> Mail Gate. but I was not able to use the same as its strict with CRM
> module. so one of the biggest reason was to develop a Fetchmail was
> this
>
> So, finally I started to work on that and come with the very simple
> module by taking the email_gateway module code I prepare a generic and
> very simple system which can be used in any module (yes of course need
> to write 2 method in the model which we want to integrate).

If you had used poweremail the job would have been done in 5 minutes. After
1.5 months you still dont have a working solution... lol... (also keen to
know what discouraged you from using axelor's webmail)

But what surprises me more is that you have Open ERP 6.0 in production
internally before 1.5 months!! as far as I can see  the fetch mail module
was written for 6.0. Anyway, INTERESTING fabrications!

> If you compare these 2 modules there are no similarities in between
> them.

I am writing the similarities below with the proof of my claim for the
duplication

> Fetchmail: only work for the fetching emails and integrate with the
> OpenERP Model
>
> PowerEmail: works like a mail client.
>
> I think you angry because of
> "http://openlabs.co.in/blog/post/presentation-community-meeting/"; here
> you wrote that
>
> "The good news is the commitment from Fabien Pinckaers (CEO of Open ERP)
> and the Antoine (CTO of Open ERP) that Poweremail is going to be
> integrated to the trunk of Open ERP." and certainly Fetchmail was
> published in the addons branch. but that is again not a relation of
> fetchmail with the poweremail module.

My company site says as you have quoted "good news ..". If I was angry I
would have written "Bad news"? I dont understand what you try to explain
here!

> Also, I have reviewed Axelor Webmail for so many times( At Indian
> office), also gives the solution for some problems, do you think that I
> need to copy and paste from the Powermail module ??

I have personally taken my training from you and I completely understand
your skills in programming and knowledge. There's no question about it. I
respect your knowledge and skills but replicating functionality is no excuse
for it.

> Working with the sms & email applications is interesting things for me.
> http://sites.google.com/site/mantavyagajjar2/massmailing-java
> http://sites.google.com/site/mantavyagajjar2/massmailingapplication
> http://sites.google.com/site/mantavyagajjar2/smsapplication
>
> - and that's why I put 2 module on the trunk extra addons (smsclient,
> and smtpclient as smsclient nobody is using so there is no enhancements
> smtpclient used by the 2 major projects webmail and direct marketing
> project - dm)
>
> you have no rights to blame anyone before knowing the complete truth,
> how come you say that its 90% same in the code and 99% same in logic?

As mentioned my reasons for the above claim are below:

Reason 1: HTML2TEXT in poweremail is in separate file, in your module in the
same file

Reason 2: 9/13 fields already exist in poweremail core accounts (obviously
the views have similar structure)
[Format: fetchmail_field:poweremail_field]
1.name:name
2.active:
3.state:state (with three equivalent states)
4.server:iserver
5.port:iport
6.type:iserver_type
7.is_ssl:isssl
8.user:username
9.password:password
10.action_id:
11.object_id:
12.priority:
13.user_id:user

Reason 3:

Constraint of check_duplicate in fetchmail: Called _constraint_unique in
poweremail

Reason 4: Method similarity [4/5 methods are same]

_process_email :
set_draft : done in workflow
decode_header : decode_header_text
button_fetch_mail : send_receive
fetch_mail : get_mails (Almost the same in code as well with same kind of if
else logic)

When a model, view and methods are same in functionality, I prefer to call
it a duplicate. Now tell me why I cant make the above claim. (Sorry if its a
rounded percentage.. lol)
If you call 'apple' an 'Apple', python may be case sensitive and make a
difference but doesnt make it new code.

> I would like to request any community member to check out the code of
> both the modules. I would not like to enter in a huge discussion.

I have made it easy for the community member who wants to check.

> We appreciate your contribution in the community, but you should
> respects others too.

With all due respect to you as an Individual, I should say that I am
convinced that you will neither accept the fact that you copied, nor do I
expect you to. Open ERP SA claims to support all community work. Can you
give the name of the community modules which you have contributed to
officially and incorporated to the official base? Do you want to say that
till today there are no valid contributions from the community?

I know you hate this name 'Tryton', please download its client (from
www.tryton.org) and have a look at the 'About section'. That will show you
the 'respect' an opensource project should have for its contributors. To get
what you have made today all what you needed was to add 4 fields to
poweremail, but i want to believe you never knew about 'poweremail'.

Everything about your reply is so contradictory, and despite the nice laugh
this mail gave me at the end of tiring day (thankful to you for that), I
would like to stop this mail trail. I am convinced that you will never
accept the truth and I have no time to keep proving your false statements
false.

Remember that what Open ERP SA is today is not what your copyright claims it
to be, its what your partners and the community makes it to be. The day is
not far when the competition you try to deny (Tryton) will be much ahead in
popularity as well, it already crossed to be a better framework than Open
ERP when you guys were busy trying to have SQL Alchemy inside Open ERP ORM.
I have a humble request: Please dont insult Tryton then by adding it to your
manipulated http://evaluation-matrix.com/

Apologies if I have been a bit out of topic, but I guess it is necessary for
you to understand because you seem to be too disconnected from the real
world (from the fact that you are not on any such mailing lists or
communication channels and never even knew about a popular community
module's functionality after a presentation was conducted in you head
quarters).