Re: Google Trends

hi

Le 09/01/2012 13:19, Olivier Dony a écrit :
> On 01/07/2012 11:43 AM, Dominique Chabord wrote:
>> Google trends provides completely absurd results most of the time.
>> All these numbers confirm the rule.
>
> As the name indicates, it provides information about search volume
> "trends".
They are just not credible, imho.
Compare values for Morocco and Tunisia vs France. They hit common sens.

> At least this confirms that OpenERP has a continuous growth in terms of
> search volume,

here too it is not credible.
Fabien showed us a diagram, in which openerp growth appeared because
compared to openbravo collapse. If you got openbravo out of this
picture, the result was far from good. In spring, google trends showed a
10% growth since "openerp" trademark is used. Since day one of the
brand, growth is obviously far better than that.
As an example, number of visits to sisalp.fr grows by more than
100%/year over two last years, so I'm convinced the growth of requests
on openerp is far more than 100%/year because of new geographies
recently covered and brand notoriety expansion.

It's always better to have good metrics rather than bad ones, for sure.
Results from openerp.com logs which count clicks from google search
provide you with far more accurate data, and I'm convinced, far more
optimistic figures.

regards

--
Dominique Chabord - SISalp