Re: Google Trends

Le 09/01/2012 14:13, Nhomar Hernández a écrit :

> Dominique.
>
> I think from the point of view, you are trying to make lose the
> oportunity to use an option of analisys, I'm tottally agreed with Oliver.

I'm not sure Olivier and I say so opposed things. As a general statement
I can agree on what you mention, too.

> See this:
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=openerp%2Copenbravo%2Cadempiere
>
> THIS is the trend that Fabien expose since 3 years ago, and you can see
> how is the growth of OpenERP as "SEARCH OPTION", BTW it just say: "Hey,
> a lot of people is looking for Key Word OpenERP and less for OpenBravo
> and Adempiere", nothing more.

> If you take other explanation for this results, or *misinterpret* what
> Fabien said it is problem of the person at the other end of the line.

This never happenned, I don't care about what Fabien said since I never
paid attention to these numbers. I mailed to Fabien at that time
privatly, then he says what he wants.  In my post, I answer to the
question in the original post of this thread, not to a general troll but
I mentionned Fabien because I didn't remember where to get this picture
from and you found it.

Just in case you are curious to play with google trends here are
examples for which I've no explaination:
It is impossible that openerp growth is ONLY 3x what it was in may 2008
and only 50% since march 2009. Real numbers are certainly more than 10x.
Google shows that Openerp was at best stable in 2011, while it obviously
grew in many countries and consequently world-wide.
It is absolutly impossible that Morocco+Tunisia are 10x France and 5x
Belgium, and when you want details for Morocco and Tunisia you just get :
"Your terms - openerp - do not have enough search volume to show graphs."
While Google trends is probably pessimistic on openerp, it doesn't look
better for openbravo:
Kenia comes first for openbravo, a non-spanish speaking country, ~ five
times greater than Spain which is the original country of the project.

Until I get educated on how to find better numbers, I won't comment
success or defeats on Googles trends graphs.

Not sure you disagree. do you ?

--
Dominique Chabord - SISalp