Re: New Community Organization for OpenERP (+GTK)

2012/11/23 Nhomar Hernández <nhomar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Friend.
>
> In lines
>
> 2012/11/23 Niels Huylebroeck <nh@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> 5 JS Experts and 5 GTK experts are not necessarily the same people.
>>

> Agreed, but IMHO It is a subjective issue, BTW dedicate 5 persons in one
> client over GTK2 when the first step is migrate to GTK 3 i must to say is a
> waste of time.

I would not make migrating to GTK3 a priority on this support branch, it
would only be about getting in fixes not new development.

> I would only suggest getting a gtk client for compatibility reasons and
>> for not neglecting a (perhaps small) group of our community.
>>

> One fair solution IMHO is have a fork in a branch and make some proof of
> concepts, but from my side, i can not help.

This was my idea, to just get a branch which we as the community can
support, with minor tweaks and bugfixes.
We will see where we get from there in the future.

My future utopia is a newly developed desktop client, which would integrate
better with newer desktops, is more portable to different platforms and has
support for server pushed plugins.
This is a project I would be willing to commit to in my private time given
enough interest from the community (which means testers/users, not
necessarily developers).

--
Niels Huylebroeck
Lead Architect   --   Agaplan