Re: Reviewing English strings (Re: OpenERP 7.0: Call for translators!)

On 11/28/2012 01:40 PM, Tóth Csaba wrote:
i would like to mention at this point of the discussion, a lot of string
in the source code are not marked as translatable text.

For example if you open the addons/web/controllers/main.py at line 900
there is a string "You cannot leave any password empty." what isn't
disappear anywhere else in the source code.

Or another one: addons/web/static/src/js/chrome.js line 645: "No
database selected !".

You're right, there probably a few cases where the terms are not properly made translatable, but that should not be the majority. The web client is a more recent codebase, so it may have more such cases than the other projects (though there cannot be hundreds of them, it's a thin UI layer)

It's clearly a bug, so have you considered reporting it on our bugtracker, to make sure we don't forget it:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+filebug

You don't have to mention a complete list of all terms, but it will certainly help if you can give the ones you already found.

I plan to re-export the translation templates every week or so until the 7.0 release, so these terms should become translatable in Launchpad soon after they are marked in the code.

Thanks!

PS: There is no risk in translating the current terms already, this will simply add a few new ones to the templates. If you manage to reach 100% completion before they are added, you'll simply have to do a quick second pass of review before the final release.