Re: Starts creating 7.0 series

> You're losing the bzr history, which obfuscates useful data, disables
> cross-merges and makes back/forward porting of bug fixes painful.
> I humbly suggest you branch from 6.1 and mark the modules "installable:
> False" ? Then mark "installable: True" when the modules are ported to v7.0
>
> Lionel Sausin.

Hello, I should say I agree with Lionel for exactly the same reasons.
Making it out from the extra-addons repository was hard enough, now we
better branch from the 6.1 in the new topic oriented branches and flag
modules with "installable: False" when they aren't migrated yet as Lionel
said.

NB: in the future, we will likely have one branch per module. Again the
reason why we didn't do that yet is because the OpenERP module management
is quite naive today (no module version management to sustain the "apps"
thing business model; think deeply about it..) and keeping the right
compatible versions of the modules together would have be a terrible hassle
without bundling them together in the same branches when it makes sense as
we are doing now. Again, we should pursue the target of standardizing the
module dependency system of OpenERP in order to be able later to separate
these module again over one branch per module (using the extractor script
to preserve the history). When (in the future hopefully) we will have done
that, we will also have removed that issue of modules being present in the
serie X repository without having been migrated yet.

Anybody else?

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi