Re: [Openerp-community-reviewer] Proposal for a community backports project

On 02/11/2013 02:32 PM, Stefan Rijnhart wrote:
On 11-02-13 14:14, Joël Grand-Guillaume wrote:
What is suggested by Stefan here (or this is what I understood) is to share between us all a branch of the official one that include all those fixes. All of them will refer to a bug report (and MP) on LP.

Correct. From my original posting:

"no code should be submitted to the backports projects that is not submitted to, or present in the official branches."

A little off-topic in the discussion between you and Nields, it should therefore be considered what to do with merged solutions for issues that are rejected by the OpenERP developers as 'invalid' or 'won't fix' afterwards.

Cheers,
Stefan.

Hello!

We should assume that no partner is going to develop patches and merge proposals if not "needed".

Since 6.0 "my" way was to create modules, to

 * achieve the wanted behavior (especially if it was a show stopper for
   one of my instances)
 * make the functionality available to the community in c2c-rd-branch
   in a way which must not be discussed with the editor.
   The new community branches are going this way.

I just want to emphasize that playing the OPW game is difficult if the editor is not acknowledging real and ALSO functional bugs and shortcomings. We should not "allow" the editor to tell us "This is your opinion" and mark bugs as "wish list" and functional shortcomings as "won't fix".

IMO it is necessary to create facts (community branch) to show how serious these issues are taken by the community.

One main issue is the fact that functional fields can neither be filtered nor sorted - and we have made patch already for 6.0 (but no MP) - and this can only be solved as patch.

just my 2c