Re: [Openerp-community-reviewer] Proposal for a community backports project

On 02/11/2013 09:41 AM, Niels Huylebroeck wrote:
I don't see how valuable a branch would be that just piles up the fixes,
it would be more interesting to get a list of merge requests we think
are appropriate and then everyone can just rune a small script maybe
that takes the openobject-addons/7.0 of today and applies the necessary
merges onto it.

Sounds like recipes:

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/plugins/en/builder-plugin.html

With the addition of some fixes to the packaging in trunk, launchpad will also automatically build recipes for you. See working example here:

https://launchpad.net/~bitglue/+archive/openerp

The problem with not having a coordinating branch is that when two merge requests conflict, there's no place to resolve the conflict and commit the result. Building a recipe in this case is impossible.