Re: Mirror of openerp repositories on github

Hello Raphael,

On 13.06.2013 17:01, Raphael Valyi wrote:
[...]
> I even want to offer to the OCB community automatic continuous integration
> testing for all its repos.
> Notice that currently our repos aren't compatible apparently, that would be
> cool to work hand in hand instead and make a consistent thing.
>
> Eventually we team up on that to avoid double working. What do you think?

I am all open for collaboration. ;)
It should be pretty easy to add OCB branches (based on launchpad) into
the repos.

For travis-ci iirc you need a travis.yml in the *master* branch. For now
the master branch is set to the pristine upstream master branch und
therefor can't receive a travis.yml (in order for CI testing on
travis-ci.org).

Basic question is: one repo with "official" and "semi-official" branches
or keep the "semi-official" branches in a separate repo?

[...]
> I don't know what you are using, but we are using
> https://github.com/termie/git-bzr-ng and apparently that is possible to do
> that, may be if we include the maps in the repo. Are you using that? What
> do you think?

I am using
https://github.com/felipec/git/blob/fc/master/contrib/remote-helpers/git-remote-bzr.py
(from a git fork by a git contributor). I think meanwhile this has been
integrated into the release branches of the main git scm
distribution/repository. It is blazingly fast and allows bidirectional
usage!

In the last two years I made several attempts to achieve the same with
git-brz-ng and a bunch of other tools. It always took weeks to fetch the
addons repo, failed with memory issues and never was 100% identical with
upstream bzr. git-remote-bzr.py now finally really seems to do the trick.

For bidirectional usage you need the map between bzr revs and git sha's.
It's probably not worth the effort to share this information as setting
up a full working bidirectional git/bzr checkout via git clone bzr::XXX
is probably less error prone and even for the huge addons repo only
(initially) takes some notable time(hours). Well, actually the resulting
checkout could be zipped and distributed for "quick launching", that
could be an appoach to safe the initial mapping.

[...]
> As a side note, I would like to mention that after we successfully started
> mirroring all our dependencies (including the official ones), we will now
> be developping the Brazilian localization right on Github and mirror to LP
> instead.

Get the most recent git, bzr and git-remote-bzr.py and I am sure you'll
like it.

> We will use that as a test case to see if contributions to the project
> increase and will report back here.

I seriously doubt that git or bzr makes a difference in terms of
contributions.

Sincere Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag * Ehlentruper Weg 70 * 33604 Bielefeld *
Fon (mobil): 0172 / 516 48 55 *