Re: Removing inactive members from the reviewers team

Hello all,

  I may be missing somthing obvious, so I have to ask:
  What's the point on belonging to the Reviewers Team?:

  Anyone can participate in MP reviews.
  It's each project's maintainers role to merge the approved MPs.

  The Reviewer Team is useful to keep track of the Communities maintainer
teams, and as a last resource to do administration tasks for a Project.
  Other than that, I don't see the point.
  IMHO, the "reviewer" team could be just a small list of people we know
is available to  intervene in case of necessity.

  I worry a lot more about what Projects are worthy to be in the
"Community Reviewed" list:
  The case for these modules is to share development effort and avoid
reinventing the wheel.
  So, single author modules should not be there until someone else from
the community shows interest in collaborating on it's evolution, or at
least uses it in production as is willing to also support it.

  My 2 cents.

Regards
   Daniel

Quoting Joël Grand-Guillaume <joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Dear Community,

I'm concerned by having various people in the OpenERP Community Reviewer team that didn't even make a single comment from 2012-11-20, the date of his creation.

I can perfectly understand that it's difficult to make room and find space for that, but in the meanwhile, it's not fair to include people that doesn't take time to review other's work. Being part of that team is a chance but also have his responsibility.

Currently, no rules define any approval nor removal of participant and a minimum of contribution should be required and define in the future. From his beginning, we just discussed and vote through the mailing list, and so far, it's working.

Here is the list of people that are part of the Reviewer team and never found the time to contribute (I mean to the review process, nothing to do with their community work). Please, do not see any shame in the following list of names, it's just a fact and doesn't affect any skills or value:

    Borja López Soilán : https://launchpad.net/~borjals
    Jordi Esteve : jesteve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Raphaël Valyi : https://launchpad.net/~rvalyi
Olivier Dony:odo@xxxxxxxxxxx

I suggest to give them a chance to say if they still want to be part of the team by responding to this email. For those who doesn't, I suggest to remove them from the list of community reviewers.

      1) Are you agree with this ?

Then, I want to avoid having team in there, I know we discussed that, but we also need to be fair here. I rather prefer to have named person as member of the reviewer team, so I'm in favor of removing:

       * Camptocamp Community Reviewer
       * Vauxoo Community Reviewer
       * Serpent Consulting Services

And replacing them by the list of person using their LP login.

2) Are you agree with this ?

Thanks for your opinion/answer here.

Best regards,

      Joël