Re: Coding Guidlines - long lines

Le 22/11/2013 10:49, Niels Huylebroeck a écrit :
I personally would like it to have commits that change nothing functionally but do a cleanup, that is something you can more easily verify (and maybe get accepted in official easier).
Such commits could also be gathered maybe in a community organized branch?
Yes, dedicated commits and branches are the way to go for formatting issues.
However Olivier Dony once warned me that this kind of merge can only be done in collaboration with the core team, because it will introduce conflicts in almost every branch forked before the merge. Ideally we would need some kind of freeze or dedicated merge window between the tagging of a stable version and the beginning of new developments on the trunk.

Lionel Sausin.