Re: translation problematic

I faced the same problem, in my point of view I consider this a tricky
issue and as it is, it needs a tricky solution, what I did was to create a
single module that inherits all views that required a new term string,
copied the original field  declaration and replaced by one on my inherited
view. ie:

*Original field declaration of project_id on task  form view:*
<field name="project_id" on_change="onchange_project(project_id)"
context="{'default_use_tasks':1}"/>
*Replaced by:*
<field name="project_id" on_change="onchange_project(project_id)"
context="{'default_use_tasks':1}" string="whateveryourcustomerwants"/>

notice that the replacement keeps all features of the original field
declaration, so doing it this way you just add a new inheritance or a new
field declaration for every  term you need to be relabeled.

I dont know if this is a best practice but it works bug free.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Romain Deheele <
romain.deheele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Community,
>
> Imagine a dozen of generic addons with common english terms : most of your
> customers are satisfied about these used terms.
> One specific customer need these same addons, but one difference : common
> terms don't fit your customer's working vocabulary, you need to change
> these terms anywhere in concerned addons.
>
> What are your recommended practices to properly replace these terms by
> others?
>
> Thanks in advance for your return,
>
> Regards,
>

> --
>
> *camptocamp*
> INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
> BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS
> *Romain Deheele*
> Developer
> Business Solutions
>
> + 33 (0)4 79 26 58 01
> www.camptocamp.com
> romain.deheele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  <prenom.nom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ing. Oscar Alcalá Rivera
*312-107-1704* · oszckar@xxxxxxxxx <ozckar@xxxxxxxxx>

Vauxoo SA
Tlf: *3123111122*

*Open Source Enthusiast*
     [image: twitter] <http://twitter.com/oscarolar> [image:
linkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/oscar-alcal%C3%A1/3b/a79/922>
   [image: Google+] <http://plus.google.com/107659954580035981067/posts>

[image: eco] No me imprimas si no es necesario. Protejamos el medio ambiente